T-SHIRT SHOP!!!

Saturday, November 20, 2010

"...what better place than here...what better time than now..."


Hello friends,
You're looking at the very first t-shirt that I had the privilege of being a part of (sorry for the blurry pics). The year was 1997 so think Titanic and Good Will Hunting. Hanson's "MMM Bop" was all the rage but I think my favorite song from that year is "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers. I had won a contest in eighth grade when I was 13 years old and I think I've had the bug ever since.

...now fast forward a few years...In the summer of 2005 I started printing my designs with a great artist and great friend Richard Alconcel. We apprenticed at a Smoke Shop in Redondo Beach, California where we learned many valuable lessons. Our mentor Tony was very strict and stern but also very fair. He not only showed us the tricks of the trade, but he let us use his facility and equipment for free. In return, all we had to do was clean his shop and for every WarriorSperm shirt we printed we had to print three of his. Former military guy, when we made mistakes printing his shirts he made us purchase them at resale value. For every screen we made, when it was dry, we held it up to the sunlight to spot anomalies in the emulsion. For every one we missed, we did ten push ups. Needless to say, we learned a lot from him during that summer for which I am eternally grateful.

Online Shop

No comments:

Post a Comment