T-SHIRT SHOP!!!

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

...top 10 movies


How could I narrow down my favorite movies to just 10?!

Although this is a dynamic list and although this was painful to compile, for a reason I can't articulate, I felt I needed to do this.

Just for context, here is how I arrived at my favorite movie list:
The very first time I see the movie, it changes the way I look at the world, and consequently indelibly changes who I am.
Every time I see it subsequently, it enriches my life.

I tend to like movies where I can relate to the protagonist and include the viewer as a participant.


I could go on and on about editing, cinematography, music, and allegory, but at the end of the day, for me it boils down to: "How did this story make you feel?" If I can relate to it, even if it's a sad story, I don't feel so alone.

Before we start, honorable mentions go to: Radio Flyer, City of God, Dumb and Dumber, The Nightmare Before Christmas, Pi, The Rocky Series, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, 25th Hour and The Deer Hunter.

_______________________________________________________


10) The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
9)  Edward Scissorhands (1990)
8) Pulp Fiction (1994)

7) Goodfellas (1990)
6) Rebel Without A Cause (1955)
5) Forrest Gump (1994)

4) American History X (1998)
3) American Beauty (1999)
2) The Wrestler (2008)
'The Wrestler' Clip

1) Donnie Darko (2001)
'Donnie Darko' Clip


p.s. buy some t-shirts at:
www.weAREbutTHREADS.com

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment